Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Some more online play

Last night was my first winning session in a while. I won around $400. I am going to play a bunch of < $20 tournaments today. And no turbos! They mess me up. Although I did get 3rd in a turbo last night, holla. There's a $5 rebuy in an hour I'm looking forward to. Anyway I'm just really happy about getting out of this damned down swing. I had a pretty good night last night as well, went out for a few drinks with a friend and then ended up partying for a bit before going to break even at the fair.

My first bust comes in a $2.75 tourney. I get QQ in EMP. EP raises to 60, I make it 200, some retard cold calls, EP pushes, I snap it off and fist pump, and retard folds. He has Ace and King but flops an ace. I do not suck out and it's gg me. That's why we play within our bankroll!

I'm playing pretty solidly. A10 UTG+1 I open muck. It's a tough game, relative to the live games I've been playing lately, but I'm tougher. 99 utg I limp. My thinking here is if I raise and get reraised I have to throw away my hand. By limping in I increase my chance of seeing the flop and stacking someone when I flop a 9. I limp 1010 and JJ in the first few positions as well.

I've got 3 $4 tournies running and a $16 360 man about to begin.

A10s UTG fold (it gets raised and reraised).
As9s BB against a 4x raise and three callers! Fold.

Basically I'm just a huge rock. And why not? Why play with any hands but the best hands?

I played the funniest hand last night. 9h4h and I open raise middle position in a live 10/20 game. Just a retarded play. The guy to my left shouts out immediately "I think this is the first hand you've played since you sat down! You've folded everything...". Amazingly everyone folds to the BB! He three bets :( I call.

The flop is 942. So he bets and I raise and the turn is a 10 and he bets and I raise and the river is an ace and he checks and calls and his K10 is no good.

Just doubled up in a $4 tourney. Folds around to the CO who raises I three ball 99 and he calls. I flop an overpair and c-bet 2/3rdsish and he CIB. A powerful move, but I just jam. 88 no good sir. 27th out of 142 now. Not bad.

KK in the $16. Early position I open up for 3x get one call from the CB. I c-bet 100 into 140 on a 952 flop and he gives up the ghost. Small pot but fuck I'll take it. I am playing really well and I hope I stay away from the cash games today. I'm feeling kind of spewy.

Busted in a few. Played a few hands poorly. Two cigarettes left. Found some matches at least. Pokerstars just froze.

lol. AJ on J763 board I shove and am in third place, behind super slowplayed kings and 54o.

Busted in the $16 tourney with KK vs AA, 4500 effective. Bleh. Won a bit 8 tabling 2/4 limit.

Stars BR currently : $700.

Pocket BR currently : $400

No comments: