Thursday, September 4, 2008

1/2 Live NL

If I win this sat. I'm taking the WCOOP $. And probably playing the $200 6 max event. Although I kind of hate 6 max tourneys. A little. The live 1/2 NL game as awesome. There is one tomorrow as well. Let's see. It started out short handed.

I arrived at 8:00 pm and was predictably the first player there. I talked to the host for a while and then a few new players arrived. We played four handed no rake. I won a decent pot early with QQ on KJ10xx board vs ace high bluff. I raised smallish PF ($6?) and he lead every street pretty strongly. He flopped a set against my KK overpair, played it the same way and won a similar sized pot. I played a pretty rockish game. Stacked AK on A109 board (he had about $100). Won two decent pots with AQ on Q84 board and JJ on 955 board (first guy had Q9, 2nd guy had 910). Not huge pots by any means. Just played pretty solid, folding mostly. I laid down trip aces A5 on a three club board. The caller had better trips and the better had Kings full of Aces. I made a couple light call downs with middle pair and won. I made a pretty bad AK fold preflop. I make it $7, tagfish makes it $14, action player makes it $45 maybe $200 effective and I fold. I was scared of tagfish obv. but he had KQ and also folded. We played some omaha later on. I took some beats. I lent $100 to some guy I had played with a while before. He paid me back before he left at the end of the night. I lent $100 to some other guy - nice fellow - and he is going to pay me on Saturday. Ended up $190 in cash and $290 total. At least $50-60 expenses, but still a solid win.

No comments: