Wednesday, September 3, 2008

(back post) Poker Journal

Poker Journal : Friday, August 29th, 2008

It's 2:10 am and I've just started my grinding day. I've already busted out of my first tourney, a $30+3 700 man NLHE competition. I had the nuts on the turn - AK on a QJ10x board, and my opponent had J10. We got all the money in and he rivered his boat. That's poker. I'm on a sick heater lately so who cares. I'm in 3 tournies right now, with a bunch more starting very soon; including a $33 deep stack. Those are a lot of fun. I'm in a $36 satelliete to the WCOOP razz event as well. I enjoy razz. I want to play a lot of the WCOOP tournies, but I'll need to make a few grand in between now and then to do so.

I've got a decent chip stack going in a $11 turbo, but busted in a few $11 satellietes to the sunday million (including one hand where AA < AK all in pf). I'm running so-so so far, and playing pretty damn well. I've been battling one guy heads up for a while and he's a total fish. At the moment stars is frozen... which is pretty annoying obviously. It should fix itself soon... I hope.

It's 7:09 am now. I have been playing for five hours now and am up $1500. My stars balance is $2600+ and I cashed out $3300 yesterday. Holla. All of this from a $90 deposit three days ago. Today I have played a wide variety of games, from 50/100 limit to 2/4 NL, to 1/2 NL, to tournaments of all sorts. I am in 4 tournaments currently; one of which, a $10, I doubled up within the first few minutes with 99 vs 88. I am in a $5 rebuy and a $10 PLO tourney as well.

AK iin the $10 tourney. There's an UTG limper and I make it 80 all day with AK. Flop is J102 I c-bet near pot he calls. Turn 8 he checks i check back. River q - i have the nuts - i bet 3/4 pot and he pays off with A10. I tripple up with aces in the Omaha tourney and i'm now 2nd out of 39.

7:47 am :

stars balance : $2800+

10:50 pm
stars balance : $4100.
I came in 7th in a 11$ rebuy. I made some key mistakes, but over all played a very solid game. Overplayed jacks, as usual. Solid $1000 cash though. I also won two entries into the WCOOP; a horse and a omaha seat. I'm thinking of playing the Sunday million and am registered in a $109 Hold'em Tournament starting in five minutes.

I am 1000 VPP away from Supernova.

Let's talk strategy. I'm a prety big nit; although lately I have been opening up my game with some creative plays. For example I squeezed AJ right on the bubble with 10x BB vs 3 BB raise + 2 callers - that is, for pure value. That enabled me to get deep.


Poker Journal, Saturday, August 30th, 2008, 1:14 pm
stars balance : $1000. Not to fear; I didn't lose all my money in a crazy tilt session - although playing 30/60 while close to passing out probably wasn't brilliant - I actually just cashed out $3200. And I made it to supernova. With only a grand in my account I'm going to stick to low buy in tournies for a while and steadily work my way up. I've been playing pretty well so far today; mostly just folding. I am cold.

I've got $750 in W$ as well, that I will probably use to play some WCOOP events but maybe sell. WIth the WCOOP right here I will get a good price. I'm considering using my FPP's to join the sunday million as well, I have enough. Or I could get a nintendo DS. Or an ipod nano. I might get the ipod actually.


3:10 pm :
stars balance : $970
Total Bankroll : $8400 (counting W$ at 1:1)
I'm feeling kind of tilty right now, and once my tournaments are done I am going to cook up some breakfast - bacon, eggs, and homemade homefries. I'm in 3 tournaments currently, all for fairly low stakes. I also just hit and ran someone for $40 at 5/10 heads up. Holla. Maybe I will take today off? I am playing very poorly. Just won a monster pot in the razz tourney tho. I am 1st out of 13 but only top 3 pay. 24 entrants. I've been pushing every hand in this $100,000 freeroll. Not sure why. I guess I want to bust? I just beat AK with 65o. lol. Sarah Palin is McCain's V.P. pick. I feel trapped by these tournaments.

Just folded 835 in razz against first position raise showing a 4? not really sure if it's a good fold or not... my hand is probably marginal at best though. I love razz. I think I'm pretty good at it. Just won a monster pot in the razz tourney with a smooth 8. I'm 1st out of 12 with 5200 chips and a 1400 lead on my opponents. I've been running pretty hot. Need water. I'm at 633 out of 1316 in this $11 30k guarantee. 3645 entrants. I just folded 835 again! This time to an UTG limp and then a raise. Fuck it. The guy had A37, FWIW. 234 holds up and I'm 1st out of 11. 3 spots pay.

The million turbo take down is tomorrow, almost exactly 24 hours from now. What should I do with my W$? Sell them? Play some WCOOP events? I am down to 3 out of 11 after doubling a super shortstack twice with nonsense. Now is no time to choke Zak! Win a donk pot with A96 and i'm back baby! Oh look A45. Win a monster pot when I value raise my jack draw on the 5th street. I 6th street pair a low card but it's hidden and he has all bricks so he folds. 1st out of 10 by a mile. 1st out of 9. I shove k2o in BB against SB raise. We have good stack sizes for resteal. He folded.

Final table at the razz tourney! Entering 1st out of 8. I just won a big pot at the 30k as well with AQs. Someone limped late, SB raised 3x and I pushed. Basically a half double up, so not bad. They both folded.

First out of 7 in this razz tourney. I have 11000 chips 2nd place has 6700. Doing decently in the 30k as well with 12 chips. Blinds are 500/1000 so not a lot of wiggle room. We are on the bubble there. 2nd out of 6 now. 2nd out of 5. Finished 2nd.

It's 5:37 pm now and I just had breakfast. Delicious. Registered for a ton of tourneys, including two $109's. One is a deep stack. Playing pretty well so far. Busted in a $4 180 man with KK vs JJ vs AQ (river J). My sharkscope shows ROI of 40%? My OPR says 35%?!?! pretty awesome. UTG raises 4x in a $4 180 I fold AQ. He had queens. UTG opens to 5x first blind level, I shove UTG+1 with queens. UTG+2 calls, everyone folds and I hold up against his 99. lol.

6:52 pm

Running sick hot in a $33r 1st out of 137. aces just got cracked, still in first. he had KJ flop Kxx runner runnered straight bastard! Boat cracked in $20 by 2 outer. Thats what I get for slowplaying lol ^^ Eventually lost that tourney racing for top chip stack with 99 vs AQ. The dynamics of it - I had just bluff reraised him preflop an orbit ago - made it mandatory to get the chips in, and I'm playing to win not to cash anyway. I'm busto on stars, but $6500 cashed out. Gonna play the last 4k FPPs.

No comments: