Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Part Of Journal

My first session was disappointing but I feel I played well. Started off being seated immediately at 5-5 (after I called ahead to find out they had open seats) and early on got AK against a raise to $35. I reraised to $135 and he called. The flop was 998 and I bet $200, he raised me another $150 all in and I called. He had AJ but managed to chop. Then I had AK vs 22. I raised it up pre, bet the flop (235), he called. I think I bet $55 on the flop but I can't really recall. Turn is a 4, I check, he bets $400 (I have $350), I call, river is a 4 and 22 is good. Then I get KK and reraise to $135 after a $35 raise. Flop is Kxx and I slowplay a street but he folds to my turn bet. I flop a flush draw with 10s5s and bet all streets (hitting it on the turn). I get called two ways on the flop and turn and once on the river that paired the board. I played pretty great and left when I started playing less great.

Had a huge session today. It was maybe 6 or 7 hours. I was really focused and in the zone. I didn't play perfectly. Lost around $1200 or A65 board with A5 vs A6. What I did today was try to follow the action in my head, announcing it by seat #1. Definitely helped me make reads on ppl. I had Ad9h in the BB. Flop was 3 small diamonds and I called like $25 or $30. 3 ppl to the turn. Turned a diamond and I led out $100. Other caller folds, flop better calls. River Kd, I bet $300, guy calls. Guy to my left who folds says he folded the Qd.

First huge pot I win of the trip I have AQ and raise it up to $45 or so. Flop is AJx and the action is kind of confusing. Bobby in seat 10 leads out small, guy calls, I raise $100 on top or so, Bobby calls, first caller shoves, I shove, Bobby calls. Bobby and I have $650 or so on top, so when my AQ holds up against his KJss (pair flush draw) I take the huge side pot and then chop the main pot. Call-shover gives me a fist pound after. A few other hands, KK, AA, AK a few times. Playing great in general. Left when I lost my enthusiasm and started feeling poorly. Won $2000 or so today. After the game I went to a bar and ate dinner, tried to get a job as a bartender but was denied due to lack of smart serve.

Played another session today. Played badly, then well I guess. Lost $300 at 2/5, managed to win a bit at $5/5 after donking off a buy in with QJ against K8 on 1085 vs a fish. Maybe I'm the fish. Managed to suck out AQ vs KK. Then I moved to 5/10. Lost $400 or so there. Sitting on around $3700 at the moment. Brought $2500 with me approx. and took out $800 so I'm up around $400 after expenses (3 nights motel stay, food, $200 for the ride to Niagara Falls). I have been talking to a lot of people, met some pretty interesting folks. Not too many big hands from the 5/10 game, but I did make a solid KK overpair laydown. It was 5-6 handed, I raised to $50. On the flop (J108) guy leads out $300 other guy calls, then we go into this whole routine which involved a lot of negativity and even the floor being called on me because I was giving this guy shit for giving me shit. Floor and me are on good terms and I did nothing anyway so we laugh it off and the floor practically apologetically asks me to do something as a token for this guy, and I do, w/e. Met a new friend, we ended up chatting away for some time, started talking about god when the Cunt dealer and I get into it (she was lecturing the fish, and I will not tolerate anyone giving the fish a hard time). She's pretty cool actually, just a bit of a bitch but w/e. I was about to leave at one point then it's immediately her rotation and I don't want to run away from shit. Good times had by all. Need to find an apartment on the asap.

Another session. 2 and a half hours. Won $600. I've got approximately $4400 in cash. Up $1200 after expenses which are considerable ($500-$1000). I have been working hard. Barely slept last night, but I got a lot of rest anyway. Played fairly decently today. Won a decent pot against the lag from yesterday in a similiar spot (the K9hh on A88hh board hand). Had A7dd flop KKx dd checks around. Turn an ace, he leads for $125 (approx pot) I call. River low diamond, he bets $125, I make it $325, he calls. There is a furor as he only puts $225 in but w/e we talk it out and he's all like "why are u so excited". Cause I just took ur money! Laid down kings against him later postflop. J109ccc I raised to $55 or so pf, theres 3 or 4 callers. I got the Kc. He leads $150 I call. Turn is ace of spades, he bets $500 I fold. I think if you grasp the dynamics of live play you can guess why I played it this way. I dunno. I keep folding overpairs lol. I think I might just limp reraise w/ them or something. Fuck it, u know? Had jacks, raised to $45 UTG, blinds call and I cbet K78 for $150 take it down. Mostly I watched and read the players.

No comments: